How to select from variable table?

From: Tho Nguyen <tho_pic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2003 04:29:34 -0700

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have to make a report with 2 columns. The first one is the table name and the second one is the number of rows in that table. I think the best solution for me is to create a cursor to select all the table from user_tables, after that using for loop iterator to get each elements in that cursor and select count(*). Unfortunately, dynamic SQL doesn't accept identifier(table name) as variable. so I can't do it.
Any solutions and hints are appreciated. Thanks so much. Received on Fri Apr 18 2003 - 13:29:34 CEST

Original text of this message