Querying v$session from within a Stored Procedure

From: Rick Rimmer <rick.rimmer_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:12:08 -0600

[Quoted] I am writing a stored procedure with the following code within it:

select v.osuser,

          v.machine
into     sOSUser,
          sMachine

from v$session v
where v.audsid = userenv('sessionid');

and receive the following error when compiling:

PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist .

If I execute the SELECT statement in SQL*Plus (without the INTO clause) it works fine. I also tried the code in a function and within a package with the same result. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I tried this on our Windows NT 8.1.7 and Windows NT 9.2 servers with the same outcome.

Thanks in advance,
Rick Rimmer Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 18:12:08 CEST

Original text of this message