easiest way to backup&recover Oracle?

From: Grant <canuck_tech_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 16:18:50 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I was wondering what the easiest & best way is to backup and recover our new Oracle 9i database? I've taken a look at the oracle recovery manager documentation but it looks like I'd have to code a lot of scripts. Our company had a Veritas rep by and their product doesn't look like it removes any of the scripting requirements, plus I'll have to install a bunch of third party drivers, and I'll be relying on tape.. yuck, I have bad memories of tape from my sysadmin days. Although, I guess I don't have an alternative for our disaster recovery needs...sigh. Are there any better solutions that people like?

thanks, Received on Wed Apr 16 2003 - 01:18:50 CEST

Original text of this message