Re: oracle forms/report, should i learn it?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:14:38 +0200

[Quoted] "andi" <a_at_a.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:b7gd7m$rv4$1_at_mawar.singnet.com.sg...
> Hi,
> Thanks for your respond.
> How do you start your forms development? what are your reference books
> besides the online help?

Very hard to say, because Forms documentation is rare, and *good* documentation is - non-existent :(.

These are some books in my shelf:

Oracle Developer
Advanced Forms and Reports
by Author(s): Peter Koletzke, Paul Dorsey ISBN: 0072120487
Format: Softcover, 835 pages.
Issued: 2000
$59.99 US
Oracle Press Books
(my first one; maybe good for newbees)

Oracle Forms Developers Handbook
Albert Lulushi
Issued: 2000
ISBN 0-13-030754-8
975 (!!!) pages
US$ 59.99
Prentice Hall PTR
(I would suggest You this one)

Oracle Developer
Forms Techniques
by Bulusu Lakshman
List Price: $34.99
Published: FEB 18, 2000
ISBN: 0672318466
Pages: 264
(for advanced forms programmers, I am just starting using it properly) http://www.sams.com

And that is it. I started programming practically one year ago.

Expect a *long* time to get familiar with Forms, it is very complex (to my mind, the database is a tiny child sandbox compared to this ...), and some very important concepts (e.g. system modes) are not documented in most of them.

So I started to make my own personal HTML manual, just fitting to my needs. It is constantly growing as I
[Quoted] am getting more and more used to it. But it maybe not useful for you - it is in German ...

[Quoted] But You can mail me if You want some help.

hth, Jan Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 10:14:38 CEST

Original text of this message