Re: oracle forms/report, should i learn it?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:48:57 +0200

[Quoted] Hi andi,

IMHO, it only depends on your interests where You want to go to, and on Your job opportunities.
[Quoted] If You want to do Java, learn JDeveloper. If You want to do Forms (maybe because Your employer wants You to do that), [Quoted] go for Forms.

The rest is just looking into the magic glassball - nobody can forecast the future. Even Peter Koletzke,
[Quoted] the author of the JDeveloper book, was not sure if JDeveloper will be "the future". It is unpredictable.

I *think* that Forms will remain there for a couple of years, since the will to migrate is not very wide spread,
[Quoted] for what I can see. So Forms should still be good for Your resume.

I do Forms because I need it on my job - thatīs it. If the learning curve would not be so high, I would like to
go for JDeveloper, too. But it is very time consuming to get familiar with it when You do not have
similar tasks on Your job. So that would be just my personal hobby, something nice to have ...

hth
Jan
(DBA and Forms Developer for two years now)