Oracle JDBC driver loading with OpenOffice

From: franco.pecoraro_at_cec.eu.int <(franco.pecoraro_at_cec.eu.int)>
Date: 14 Apr 2003 07:42:06 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] I installed OpenOffice under Linux RedHat 7.3, specifiying the correct Java installation path.
I enabled all Java "features" of OpenOffice (included plugins and applets) and specified the full path name of Oracle JDBC driver via the menu Tools -> Options -> Security.
After I created a datasource using this Oracle JDBC driver specifying the JDBC driver type, the Datasource URL (jdbc:oracle:thin_at_machine_name:oracle_listener_port:Oracle_sid), I tried to acces the Oracle database and I received the following message "The specified driver could not be loaded".
Help will be appreciated. Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 16:42:06 CEST

Original text of this message