Re: pro*c oracle & Solaris

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:43:00 +0200

Ian <aaa-estacey_at_chariot.net.au> schreef in berichtnieuws 3e9987db$1_4_at_news.chariot.net.au...
| Hi,
| I apologise for the multiple posting. I am a new uni student trying to do
| some study at home.
| Can anyone help me please. I have Oracle 8.1.7 Ent installed on
SolarisX86.
| I need to get pro*c to work on this system, does it work with this setup
or
| am I wasting my time?
|
| After typing " make -f proc.mk all TARGET=test1 "
| (I have set cc to gcc) I get a lot of "stuff" which appears to be linking
| occurring but at the end I get
| sh: .../.../oracle/bin/proc not found.
| Do I have to have the SUN CC compiler to fix this? I have done a search
for
| proc and found a number of files by that name but aren't sure if I should
| add it to my path or a makefile.
| Again, I apologise but am an obvious newbie.
|
| Is there a resource which has a simple makefile I could adapt?
| Thanking you in advance,
| regards Ian.
| rem "aaa-" at beginning of email to return email, thanks.

Visit http://tahiti.oracle.com where you will find all Oracle documentation. Look for the "Pro*C/C++ Precompiler Programmer's Guide". You need a C compiler. You could check the Installation Guide for Sun Solaris to find which compilers and versions are certified with your version (http://otn.oracle.com/documentation/oracle8i.html). A don't have an installation available at this moment but if I recall it well aren't there some good examples (like make files) in the $ORACLE_HOME/ precompiler directories? Received on Sun Apr 13 2003 - 19:43:00 CEST

Original text of this message