Re: pro*c oracle & Solaris

From: <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:31:52 +0200

"Ian" <aaa-estacey_at_chariot.net.au> writes:

> I apologise for the multiple posting.

The folk here don't like this.

> After typing " make -f proc.mk all TARGET=test1 "
> (I have set cc to gcc) I get a lot of "stuff" which appears to be linking
> occurring but at the end I get
> sh: .../.../oracle/bin/proc not found.

Expand your path with the directory that contains the proc executable. On a normal installation you will find it under $ORACLE_HOME/bin or maybe under $ORACLE_HOME/precomp.

> Do I have to have the SUN CC compiler to fix this?

No, take care about your environment:

  • ORACLE_HOME
  • TWO_TASK or ORACLE_SID
  • PATH

> I have done a search for proc and found a number of files by that
> name but aren't sure if I should add it to my path or a makefile.
> Again, I apologise but am an obvious newbie.

> Is there a resource which has a simple makefile I could adapt?

proc.mk is a really good resource :). To learn make take a look into make.info if you are using the GNU make (e.g. 'info make'). Otherwise use 'man make'. If you develop under Unix then I think you need the make program.

,----[ compile example ]

| $ # !!! untested !!!
| $ proc t.pc
| $ gcc -o t t.c -L$ORACLE_HOME/lib -lclntsh
`----

Harald Received on Sun Apr 13 2003 - 19:31:52 CEST

Original text of this message