Re: inteligent agent on AIX

From: John Kachurick <jokach_at_epix.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:10:34 GMT

I hit a similar problem with the agent on AIX (only on AIX), I had the make a change as follows to get the agent to properly start. Add a line to the file /etc/snmpd.conf above all the other 'smux' lines:

     smux 0.0 "" <your IP address>
After saving that, run
$ refresh -s snmpd
from the unix prompt and then try restarting the agent. Now, why you're still able to discover all the services without successfully starting the agent is still a mystery.
hth