Re: SQL*Plus copy/paste right-click

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:54:29 +0200

Patrick Demets wrote:
> I've a problem with SQL*Plus 8 (8i 8.1.7 R3) where I cannot paste
> highlighted text by right-clicking. The SQL*Plus manual is quite clear in
> stating that a quick method to copy/paste is to highlight the text (with the
> left mouse button and dragging to select), and while still holding the left
> button down, pressing the right button to paste the text to the SQL*Plus
> command prompt. Well, on a fresh install of 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 SR2, this
> doesn't work. However, I've seen it work on other similar installations.
> Could it be a settings issue?

> Thanks,
>
> Patrick Demets
> informAction Business Solutions
>
> --
> Just say NO to SPAM -- To reply directly, you know what to remove in my
> email address
> Better yet, reply to the group!

What sql*plus? The command line, or the windows version? Your description applies to the windows version; command line: highlight, press enter.
go to the sql*plus window (it must have focus), make sure your mouse pointer is within the window, and right-click. If the "Quick Edit" option is on (by default, it is not), that should paste.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel