Re: [ANNOUNCE] Senora: a replacement for sqlplus

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:47:24 GMT

Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com said...
> Hi Karsten,
>
> I learned from your posts that it's quite a long time that
> you are on the planet. Say: was it really fun to watch
> the dinosaurs walking around? What was the main
> language in these good ol' days?
>
> scnr,
> Guido
>
> PS: If we keep this thread alive I can make it into
> the Top 10...

I've kept out of the top 10 statistics for a while now ... but you're right. And to think, this entire thread started with a pseudo-spam post, which quickly turned elsewhere.

Yes, watching dinosaurs was fun ... language was simpler then ... "watch out" and "run for your lives" being the most popular sayings.

Seriously, though, every time I look behind me I see that giant wave known as the "baby boom" ... when that dinosaur retires, we'll have more people in my age group (I'm actually 70) than in the working age group. Who's going to step into all those vacant jobs? In California, in about 10 years, over half the teachers will be retired.

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA