Just a very simple question - ORA-01034

From: cpchan <cpchaney_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:13:12 +0800

The following problem is very simple for those experienced Oracle users :

(1) Basic configuration : Oracle 8i running on SUN Solaris 9, my PC :
Windows 98
(2) I ran this command for backup an Oracle database's data records only :

        tar -cvf /dev/rmt/0 <the directory of the data record of the Oracle database>
(3) And then ran this command for restore :

        tar -xvf /dev/rmt/0 <the same directory>
(4) Then I tried to login the Oracle through the SQL Plus on my Windows 98
machine and got the message : ORA-01034 : Oracle not available.
(5) Now, can you tell me how to start my Oracle 8i through SQL Plus (either
Windows version or Telnet or on the UNIX machine directly )
(6) I think this command is very simple for those experienced ones but I
need the answer now, please give me instructions, thanks. Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 17:13:12 CEST

Original text of this message