sql problems

From: mook <scott_at_rigent.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:53:54 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] Hi there ...

I'm trying to get a sql statement to run in the web.config file of asp.net to connect to Oracle. It seems to connect ok but Oracle is spitting back ""

[Quoted] I'm not so experienced with oracle - can anyone tell me what I might check [Quoted] in this sql? These are the ones i find suspect:

<add key="cmdProductListSelectPartList.CommandText" value="SELECT ID,
DESCRIPTION, USER_10 FROM SYSADM_PART" />
<add key="cmdSelectPartDetails.CommandText" value="SELECT SYSADM_PART.*
FROM SYSADM_PART ORDER BY ID" />
[Quoted] <add key="cmdSelectPartNames.CommandText" value="SELECT ID, ID + ' ' +
DESCRIPTION AS DESCRIPTION FROM SYSADM_PART ORDER BY DESCRIPTION" /> The error I get is:

Command was not prepared. ORA-01722: invalid number Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

can anyone tell me potential errors are in this?

sm Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 06:53:54 CEST

Original text of this message