Why cannot export to RTF format normally ?

From: seagullw <seagullw_at_163.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2003 19:33:22 -0700

[Quoted] Dear all:

[Quoted]   I setup my oracle817 database with character set : American_america.UTF8, and my client run : forms6i / reports6i, the OS platform is English version with support to ZHS16GBK / BIG5

  While I use reports6i to export data which have Chinese words. it can export to TXT/THML/XML format without any trouble, but while [Quoted] export to "PDF","RTF" format, the exported file has "?" instead of the orignal chinese words. I try to set NLS_LANG as : [Quoted] AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8, AMERICAN_AMERICA.ZHS16GBK, SIMPLIFIED CHINESE_CHINA.UTF8, SIMPLIFIED CHINESE_CHINA.ZHS16GBK. All same for the result.

[Quoted]   Can anyone help me to solve it? Thanks very much! For I donot want to lose my current job, so could you pls reply earlier? Thanks! :)

  I'm a DBA too, if someone like to discuss some technology topics with me, please email me: seagullw_at_163.com, of course it should be easy, :> Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 04:33:22 CEST

Original text of this message