Multiple connections with Pro*C, ANSI Dynamic SQL?

From: xxx <xxx_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 05:54:03 GMT

I'm trying to convert a multi-threaded server written in Pro*C using Oracle dynamic SQL method 4 to ANSI dynamic SQL. The original code makes multiple database connections using the AT clause.

The problem is that the preprocessor does not permit an AT clause on the ALLOCATE DESCRIPTOR stmt, but when I leave it off I get a runtime error because there is no default connection (each thread uses an explicit connection with an AT clause).

There must be a way to allocate descriptors when using multple connections, but the manual does not say how. Does anyone know?

Vello Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 07:54:03 CEST

Original text of this message