Re: [ANNOUNCE] Senora: a replacement for sqlplus

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:10:48 -0700

Galen Boyer wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Apr 2003, damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com wrote:
>
> > And I never visit the web site of a spammer.
>
> How the flip is this spam?
>
> Do you get pissed at Jonathan Lewis when he posts his periodic FAQ? If
> you did I would see the consistency, albiet, I'd still disagree with you
> there as well.
>
> --
> Galen deForest Boyer
> Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

No. I only get pissed at Jonathan because he knows so darned much more than I do.

[Quoted] There is a substantial difference between posting as many do ... help in response to an inquiry and including contact information or a reference to a commercial product that is a direct solution to the problem at hand ... and a message whose sole purpose is to flog a product for which the poster has a [Quoted] direct commercial interest. Vladimir, for example, makes it possible for those who are interested to contact him. But his postings are always on-topic and not just intended to put cash into his bank account. Tom Kyte has mentioned his book numerous times but never once has he posted a message that is just "Buy my book."

Once we tolerate pure commercial postings we will have them every vendor of everything from databases to products claiming to increase the size of various body parts. You either draw the line at no spam or you will get it all.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 07:10:48 CEST

Original text of this message