ORA-01026 - NT binary works on one machien not another...

From: Charles W. Hooks <cwhooks_at_landacorp.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2003 12:07:37 -0700

I have a rather interesting problem... My previous version of my program never had this problem. However... After upgrading from OCI 7.3.4 to OCI 9.2.0, in order to talk with a database of the same version, I suddenly get this error.

The really bizarre part is that it occurs on some machine but not others. The exact same binary doing the exact same SQL statement.

Basically I am trying to put a 2k string into the database. I allocate a 4k buffer. BTW... I really don't want to change the buffer as I want to be able to put in 4k strings to, now that it is available to me. :)

This works fine on Unix and it works fine on some win NT and win 2k machines. Other win 2k and win NT machine I get the error below. The only thing I notice different between the various machines that work is that they have NLS_LANG set to NA. While all of the machines that don't work have NLS_LANG set to something else... When I try to set NLS_LANG to NA, I get an error on those machines when I login into the database about an incorrect language setting.

Anyone have any clues on how to fix this?

sql code 1026 : ORA-01026: multiple buffers of size > 4000 Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 21:07:37 CEST

Original text of this message