Re: SQL*Plus in Oracle 9.x

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 08:45:05 -0700

Troels Arvin wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Apr 2003 15:13:40 -0700, Steve Mazerski wrote:
>
> > Let me first state that I find SQL*Plus an excellent and valuable tool
> > which is the basis of my work with Oracle.
>
> How can you call it "excellent"? - It sucks and feels like a 30 year old
> tool.

I too find SQL*Plus excellent. I far prefer it to SQL*Navigator, TOAD, and the rest of that lot. And the reason is that I am looking for raw productivity writing code.

If all one is doing is write command line SQL statements the others are fine. If all one is doing is creating stuff and they don't know the syntax the others are fine. But if the point is to write a 1000 line package ... nothing beats vi or notepad, and SQL*Plus.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 17:45:05 CEST

Original text of this message