Re: Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Jeffrey Hunter <JeffreyH_at_comanage.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 19:59:55 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] As per the request of, Howard J. Rogers I removed his document titled "Oracle9i New Features" from my website (http://www.iDevelopment.info).

I want to make it clear to Mr. Rogers and to the Internet community that I in no way indented to "steal" or "lift" his document to call it my own. I cannot remember precisely where I found his document, but I have seen it posted on several other Oracle websites.

Mr. Rogers is an experienced author and well-recognized Oracle professional. [Quoted] Before taking the time to label me a thief on this and other newsgroup, he should have taken the time to contact me directly using either my personal or work email address. Both of which are clearly posted on the home page of my website.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Several of his postings (as well as those from Pablo Sanchez) even go as far [Quoted] as trying to track who hosts my website. Like my direct email addresses, I make this no secret. It too is clearly posted on the home page of my website. No traceroute's or other indirect methods where required for Mr. Rogers to accomplish his goal of having his article removed from my website. [Quoted] All he had to do was make a direct request.

I will refrain from quoting him in the future on my website as per his indirect request on this newsgroup. His overreaction to this matter was a waste of bandwidth and clearly unprofessional.

Kindest regards,
-- jeff

Jeffrey M. Hunter
Sr. Database Administrator