Developer 9i vs. Server 8i

From: Branislav Vukadinov <Branislav.Vukadinov_at_ev.co.yu>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:35:45 +0200

Hi all,

What is my problem, we have several production servers with Oracle Server 8i (8.1.7) which are running some aplications and it's OK, but now we want to develop a new aplication in Developer 9i with Designer 9i on Oracle Server 9i.

My question is :

  • how will this new aplication work on Server 8i in three tier architecture using Oracle Aplication Server 9i
  • how will this new aplication work on Server 8i in two tier architecture using web listener

All of this is because we can't upgrade now ( we will do that ) our Server 8i to Server 9i and we have to run this new aplication on Server 8i.

Thanks, Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:35:45 CEST

Original text of this message