Re: 9iAS on Windows vs. Unix

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:17:31 +0200

Lori J. wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> We will be installing Oracle 9iAS application server soon. We will run the
> database on an AIX IBM box. We have had consultants tell us that 9iAS runs
> better on Unix and others recommend running it under Windows 2000. We will
> have approximately 200 users accessing the application server (all internal
> initially). I would appreciate hearing from any of you that have experience
> on the subject.

[Quoted] Just my 2c; I cannot see W2K as production platform... "Oops! new patch ^H^H^H^H^H service pack needed, new security breach plugged", OK, OK, sure, download and install... "Done, please reboot" No way - this is production!

Get the picture?

And my iAS and databases on Linux outperform the ones installed on NT, and W2K - same hardware, same db/iAS versions. Just the OS changed. Correction; Linux has to run in 386k memory, where W2K had 512k.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel