Re: 9i Forms without Application Server?

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 20:49:40 +0200

Hans Forbrich wrote:
> Kamal wrote:
>

>>Thank you for your answers.
>>Do you know a way to practically do it? White paper, docs, links?
>>

> I do not know of anyone who would publish this information as it is
> totally unsupported and not recommended by Oracle.
>
> Why do you want to use an unsupported solution?
> /H

Not quite true...
Mind you, this was for the previous versions, where the development kit always had an option to install a server. That is the development kit, e.g. Developer 6, that has that option, not 9iAS. Any webserver will do, then, as it is merely used to create an environment, you can publish to the web. Forms server is called though a web page, the web server sets the environment. I have done this on an RS/6000, with (free) Apache, and Oracle forms server (forms 5, that was).

For the 9i Version, I know of no other possibility than to install the 9iAS, unless there's and option in the ODS 9i to install a server. A forms/reports server that is. I have not yet tried ODS9i, so I cannot comment on the possibilities.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel