Re: oracle express or oracle olap 9i recommended books

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:06:45 GMT

daddy cool wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to learn more about ORACLE olap 9i formerly known as
> Express. Searching oracle.com and amazone.com didn't bring me
> anything.
> Does anyone know of a book, white paper that would help me install and
> learn this tool?

All of this is now known, oxymoronically, as 'Business Intelligence'.

IIRC, Express had two part - olap/cube server and client. I would check Oracle's discussions on Discoverer and BI Beans for the client side. On the Olap/Cube server, Oracle seems to be moving the Express functionality into the database in one of two areas: extensions to basic SQL functionality and the OLAP option.

In all cases, I'd suggest you check the OTN site where there is an absolute wealth of information and white papers (if you can find it). Use these steps to follow the white rabbit

Start at http://otn.oracle.com,
Under Resources (left side), click on Products (center), click on the Database "tab"
Under In-depth information (right), click on Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing
(this will have taken you to
http://otn.oracle.com/products/bi/content.html) Under Business Intelligence Components (right), click on the topic of interest

/Hans Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 20:06:45 CEST

Original text of this message