Re: PLUS80W.EXE

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:07:54 -0800

Larry wrote:

> I've just had the Oracle Developer 6i installed, and now have PLUS80W
> instead of PLUS33W ... no problem ... version upgrade. To say the
> least, I'm not happy with the 'upgrade'. When executing a statement, I
> don't have a 'Cancel' button. I've read on other threads to use
> CTRL+BREAK, or 'File'/'Cancel'. All fine, but when the query is
> executing, PLUS80W ignores all keystrokes, mouse movement commands,
> etc. Also, if some other window is placed in front of the PLUS80W
> window, then moved, all that is left is a big blank dialog box.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? Our DBA's are as dumbfounded as I, but not
> quite as upset as they don't have to depend on SQLPLUS as much as us
> developers.
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> Larry

I have lots of ideas. The first is that your DBA ... isn't. Harsh but you used the word 'dumbfounded' and you asked.

I don't know what you did to get and set your expectations but it sure wasn't the stuff I've read or the stuff I teach at the University of Washington.

Use the SQL*Plus from the database client not the SQL*Plus that comes with Dev 6i.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 21:07:54 CET

Original text of this message