Re: isqlplus

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 13:51:20 GMT

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net> wrote in news:3E834E14.976C21FB_at_telusplanet.net:

> Chuck wrote:
>

>> Is it possible to launch isqlplus and have it automatically run a
>> script on the server? If so what's the syntax for doing that?

> [picture an expression of significant confusion]
>
> Initial guess - this sounds like a job for command-line SQL*Plus. But
> since you are talking about a local launch, remote invocation, you
> seem to want a specific control mechanism or causality which may not
> suit SQLPlus. Other possibilities that come to mind - leverage the
> built in workflow, OEM, jobs.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish? Might help us understand the
> question & provide a suitable answer.
> /Hans

[Quoted] Detailed in a later response. Basically an NT admin needs to be able to run a simple count of database users. I figured giving him a URL to do it would be the easiest/fastest thing for him to use and not require loading the oracle client on his workstation. Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 14:51:20 CET

Original text of this message