Re: isqlplus

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 13:49:22 GMT

[Quoted] DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in news:3E82442D.A035FE29_at_exxesolutions.com:

> Chuck wrote:
>

>> Is it possible to launch isqlplus and have it automatically run a
>> script on the server? If so what's the syntax for doing that?

> It may be possible but this is not an appropriate use of iSQL*Plus.
> Use the SQL*Plus command line executable.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Why is it inappropriate use if isqlplus? I have an NT administrator who simply needs to run a count of database users from time to time. His choices to do this are

  1. Install the entire oracle client with sqlplus on his workstation so he can run a batch file that runs the query.
  2. Make him go through the steps of connecting to the server with terminal services or something like that, then locating and running a batch file that runs the query.
  3. What I'm proposing: simply select a URL from his favorites list.

#3 is a whole lot simpler for everyone.

BTW I did find documentation on how do what I want on OTN.

Is there some security risk that I'm missing by having him run isqlplus? Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 14:49:22 CET

Original text of this message