Re: names server assistance needed...

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:01:29 GMT

just a quick follow-up, by deleteing all of the names related files and restoring an older sqlnet.ora file I was able to delete the names server on my workstation, then create a new one, the only problem I am having now is I cant get it to discover or see the other names server. I specified the other one as a preferred serve in net8 assistant, and tested it by disabling tnsnames and connecting via sqllpus to databases from my workstation, so I know I am using it ok. When I created the new one on the local machine and started the namesctl utility, it then connected to the local names server and I can connect to databases ok, but I still cant get the 2nd server to see the 1st one Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 00:01:29 CET

Original text of this message