Re: BOOK

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 19:26:06 -0800

In article <Surga.536$1s1.4319_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "Howard says...

>"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>> you wrote a chapter in Beginning Oracle Programmer... did you guys even
>> bother to approach Oracle Press? Didnt they want you to publish for them
>> since all of you work for Oracle?
>
>Apropos the former web site, what I write has absolutely nothing to do with
>Oracle Corporation, though I have to seek permission to write anything these
>days. Books are just the same deal. Once permission has been sought and
>granted, *what* you right is pretty much down to the individual.
>
>I was approached by Wrox, not the other way around. If Oracle Press would
>care to approach me, I'd consider their request... and then reject it. Their
>material is embarrasing, and I wouldn't particularly want to be associated
>with it.
>
>Let me state again: Oracle Press have absolutely nothing to do with Oracle
>Corporation (as I understand it).

100% correct. IIRC, it was originally Osbourne behind Oracle Press, but now they're owned by McGraw-Hill?

> They probably license the name, and that's
>about it. But they are not owned by Oracle Corporation as far as I am aware,
>and have nothing else in common either (accuracy being the first thing that
>springs to mind).
>
>Regards
>HJR

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 04:26:06 CET

Original text of this message