LOV for Searching.

From: Smoke Williams <smokewilliams_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 11:54:33 -0800

Hello,
[Quoted] I am working on an application that uses a LOV to get a list of project titles, then the users can select a project title from the list and they should go to that record. I thought it was working, but it isn't working right.

Here is the code behind the When-button-pressed trigger DECLARE

	item_selected BOOLEAN;
	row_id NUMBER;
	status NUMBER;
BEGIN
	--Show the List of Values

item_selected := show_lov('project_search_lov');   --Populate the record group
status := populate_group('project_search_rg'); execute_query;
--Use the get_group_record_number built in to get the row_id of the
selected value from the list of values
row_id := get_group_record_number('project_search_rg.project_title',:Parameter.item_name);
--Use the row id to navigate to the selected record
go_record(row_id);
EXCEPTION
	WHEN OTHERS THEN
	message(ERROR_TEXT);
	--exception handler

END; So this seems to work, sometimes, but other times it goes to the first record, or goes somewhere completely different. Any help would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks. Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 20:54:33 CET

Original text of this message