Re: Utl_file.

From: SoulSurvivor <markyg_7_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 00:58:15 -0800

On line 9, could you also try using BOOKS_DIR as opposed to Books_Dir (note the case). Oracle will store the name in uppercase internally.

Also, if you are using the directory (the Oracle one that is) from any other user apaort from the one who created the directory do a

GRANT READ ON DIRECTORY BOOKS_DIR TO <other user>