(unknown charset) Re: How to execute a SP at Forms and commit its changes

From: (unknown charset) URNinja-ed <LCIYQBBEQVFA_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:06:23 +0000

You are going about this the wrong way.

There is a core set of triggers used constantly. A few triggers used infrequently out of no choice and then those triggers not used at all. Your POST-DATABASE-COMMIT trigger falls into the latter.

The best way to achieve this is to plave your code in the KEY-COMMIT Trigger.

By default you should be issuing a COMMIT_FORM in this trigger. You can place additional code in here to test for the success of the commit and then call upon your stored procedure to do the other things you wanted.

Use
IF FORMS_SUCCESS THEN

.
.
.

END IF; ariadnedbka wrote:

> After executing a insert/update/delete and commiting a record from a
> table in a datablock, I have to run a PL/SQL stored procedure that will
> make changes in other tables.
> So far I found the best way to do it is to call the procedure from
> POST-DATABASE-COMMIT trigger.
> The problem is that the procedure doesn't execute a commit neither a
> rollback so I would have to do it at the Forms.
> But I cannot commit from this trigger because I get this message:
> "Illegal restricted procedure COMMIT in POST-DATABASE-COMMIT trigger"
>
> Can anybody please help me on when to run the stored procedure or how to
> commit its changes?
>
> Thanks very much!!
> Ariadne
>
> --