Re: configuring oracle 9i with Oracle developer6i

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:25:25 GMT

[Quoted] A solution that has worked for me (under Windows) is to create a TNS_ADMIN key in the windows registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE that contains the path to your working tnsnames.ora (just the path, no filenames and no closing slash). This has the benefit of allowing you to maintain just one tnsnames file.

Otherwise, as posted previously, simply replacing the non-working tnsnames.ora with the working one should fix things if it's a problem in tnsnames.