Re: Please help... Installing oracle 9i personal datbase on windows 98.

From: berni <berni_at_linuxmail.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:59:27 +0100

rohandhruva wrote:
> Yes i did that. But my problem is that on my win 98 machine it, by
> default, gives me client installation. while i want personal database.
> clients ok if i knew how to configure all the stuff. in short, i want
> the whole database to be stored on my local machine, no networks.
> thanking you,
>
> Rohan Dhruva

There exists two different version of 9i Personal: - Oracle9i Database Enterprise/Standard/Personal Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP
- Oracle9i Personal Edition for Microsoft Windows 98

Are you sure you have the correct version?

Search for the release notes file (as mentioned above) to be sure that you have the proberly version.

Normaly you can choose between installing

- the rdbms clean (only database server),
- rdbms with all features (internet directory,management server,...) and
- only the client software.

Be sure to select the correct choice.

regards
berni Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 12:59:27 CET

Original text of this message