Re: configuring oracle 9i with Oracle developer6i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:35:21 -0800

sjrahman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed developer6i followed by a typical installation of oracle9i
> which created a local database. I cannot log onto developer, as i
> understand i have change things on the TNSnames.ora but dont know what.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Syed
>
> --

Developer, in its separate ORACLE_HOME, has a tnsnames.ora at \network\admin. Copy your 9i tnsnames.ora to this location and replace any tnsnames file that is there.

Provided you have your default ORACLE_HOME set properly you should be able to connect.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Mar 15 2003 - 18:35:21 CET

Original text of this message