How to execute a SP at Forms and commit its changes

From: ariadnedbka <member25721_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:25:09 +0000

[Quoted] [Quoted] After executing a insert/update/delete and commiting a record from a [Quoted] [Quoted] table in a datablock, I have to run a PL/SQL stored procedure that will make changes in other tables.
So far I found the best way to do it is to call the procedure from POST-DATABASE-COMMIT trigger.
The problem is that the procedure doesn't execute a commit neither a rollback so I would have to do it at the Forms. But I cannot commit from this trigger because I get this message: "Illegal restricted procedure COMMIT in POST-DATABASE-COMMIT trigger"

Can anybody please help me on when to run the stored procedure or how to commit its changes?

Thanks very much!!
Ariadne