Re: ODBC on Windows NT and Oracle 8i

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:50:25 +0100

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:48:23 +0100, Detlef Jockheck <djockheck_at_gauselmann.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>what do I need to download from oracle to use odbc on windows nt. I have a
>running Oracle 8i on Redhat 7.0. Then I installed the mdac-Tools from
>Microsoft for Database access on my NT-Machine. Now I'm told that I need to
>download a odbc-Driver from Oracle. I'm looking for a simple exe-file to
>install odbc. Where can I find this?
>
>ciao
>Detlef

Doesn't exist anymore, AFAIK. You'll need to download the full product, and install the ODBC driver only. Even if it does exist as a separate file, it won't install if you haven't already installed the client.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 20:50:25 CET

Original text of this message