Re: Emailing from Oracle Froms with Groupwise

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:11:16 -0000

[Quoted] "Holly" <shhoff8_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bf0d636f.0303110516.1b203b1c_at_posting.google.com...
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> We are currently using Oracle Forms 5.0 and Report Builder 3.0.
> We are using Groupwise 5.5.2 as our email system. The database server
> is using Windows NT and the client is using Windows 98.
<snip>

I can't help with the forms bit, but we had great fun with sending email programmatically with a Groupwise 5.5 environment. I would try to test your code on a machine which had never had *any* microsoft mail client on it at all, just the groupwise 5.5. client (and the bits of windows messaging it requires). IIRC the groupwise client uses a really quite old MAPI.DLL and the newer ms stuff just overwrites it.

Of course all the above proves is that your code is OK, after that it becomes a question of getting a standard client build that will work. Our experience was that pretty much any time we upgraded anything MS the email programs stopped working.

Another couple of things that you may or may not have though of

First make sure that the sent to mail recipient functionality of office/explorer works correctly.
Second Novell has a developer web site that may help with this generic issue

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA