Re: desperately looking for Oracle Forms 3.0

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:26:24 -0800

claudine wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E6D1408.356FD3FC_at_exesolutions.com>...
> > Frank wrote:

> > > Daniel, consider the OP has a migration job to execute - well
> > > overdue, agreed, but well, errhm a business opportunity.
> > >
> > > claudine, you could also try to get hold of the RDBMS distribution;
> > > iirc, the CLient-Only install holds forms 3.0 for most, if not
> > > all 7.x distributions.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards, Frank van Bortel
> >
> > I understand that. But there is no migration path except recoding from
> > scratch.
> >
> > It would almost undoubtedly be faster to just gather current requirements
> > and start all over again.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan

> As it is, we really have to do a migration job (Forms 3.0 to Forms
> 9i)! Daniel, do you really think, that this would be too troublesome
> and that it would cost as much time as to start from scratch?? Do you
> have any experience in forms migration?
> claudine

Done dozens of forms migrations. And I can tell you for free, no need to pay my bill rate, that you can't migrate 3.0 to 6.0 much les to 6i or 9i. There is no equivalent in Forms 3.0 to the object oriented develoment environment in the current product where one starts a development by creating visual attribute and property classes, defining template objects, and using inheritance to build the forms.

If you want help with a migration contact me off-line. Use ORACLE FORMS in the subject.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 17:26:24 CET

Original text of this message