Re: Oracle2PostgreSQL Migration with PL/pgSQL

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 09:01:07 GMT

Following up on Christopher Kings-Lynne, 11 Mar 2003:

> It can recover (REDO) fine, but you can't 'roll forward' from a backup +
> log files until this next version.

Like I said: the darn thing *STILL*
can't recover properly...

> Tell that to the .org people, .org is run entirely off PostgreSQL.

Who the heck cares?

> If not, then narrow minded Oracle zealots could also do the job...

Narh. I leave that to the idiots who still support Stonebraker's crazy ideas, 20 years after they've been proven wrong by the market.

> For the COMPANIES that try to sell FREE software, not the software
> itself.

That makes an awful lot of sense.
Just like the "business model"...

> Why so much resistance? Why don't you want a free version of Oracle?

I HAVE got a free version of Oracle, you moron. Go to their web site and get it. That easy! Cripes, but some people are thick...

> Why do you want to actually pay money to run internal development
> databases?

Haven't yet paid a cent! Sorry, I lie:
paid them $125 for a developer's special, with about 6Gb of software. Not bad.

Why do you want to pay money for a web backend? Please
> advise.

Duh? How long do you intend running that "web"? Ah yes, the "hit and run" web mentality. For that, ANY software will do: it just won't be around when it comes time to pay the real bills...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto