question about pluggable data source

From: pheonix1t <9090pheonix1t.at_at_earthlink.net909090.oio>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:13:57 GMT

hello,
After doing some research on OCA on oracle 9i, I've seen on the docs section of the 9i reports that OCA is no longer supported...instead oracle uses their new PDS (pluggable data source) to get data from 3rd party database vendors. We are working on getting oracle 9i to see a unify 6.0 database. We are looking at using the PDS as a way to make this happen. I'm new to this PDS thing.....it says it uses a jdbc-odbc bridge to make it work. The recommended bridge is the one from SUN from what I read.
The unify has a version 1 odbc driver that is win32 only. Has anyone ever done this sort of thing? Am I headed in the right direction or are there other methods for achieving this?

Thank you for any advice,

Oskar Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 16:13:57 CET

Original text of this message