Question on Database CharacterSet

From: Mr. M <someone_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:24:10 +0800

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] I would like to know if there is any method(s) to convert my Oracle DB to another new DB. My situation is:

Current Database:
(1) Oracle 8i running on WIndows XP.
(2) Character set: "WE8ISO8859P1"
(3) The setting of "Language for non-unicode Programs" is "Chinese (PRC)".
The setting was made in "Control Panel" --> "Regional and Language Options" --> "Advanced" --> "Language for non-unicode Programs".
(4) There are already Chinese character data input in the database which I
think (but not sure) it's stored using GB code.

New Database:
(1) Oracle 8i running on WIndows XP.
(2) Character set: "ZHT16BIG5"
(3) The setting of "Language for non-unicode Programs" will be "Chinese
(Taiwan)".

How can I convert the existing DB so that the original data can be used in the new DB? I have already tried to export the current DB and import to the new DB but that doesn't work!

Thanks. Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 04:24:10 CET

Original text of this message