Re: designer 6i web application - parameter problem

From: Darek <dooverone_at_pf.pl>
Date: 7 Mar 2003 07:19:24 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E6522A2.696679BB_at_exesolutions.com>...
> Darek wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > My task is to create web application using Designer 6i (Web pl/sql),
> > and
> > I have a problem.
> > I need to use the condition in base table usage (using some parameter
> > In WHERE clause)
> > to limit the result
> > I cannot assign parameter's value. In forms I used something like
> > that:
> > :PARAMETER.parameter_name := 'whatever'
> >
> > In web/plsql I cannot do that, because I get an error (It just doesn't
> > work).
> > Any help or any other solution about applaying condition in base table
> > usage using parameter
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Darek
>
> It does work. If not in Designer ... by modifying the report after
> creating it in Designer and then reverse engineering it back into
> Designer.
>
> Daniel Morgan

I wrote that post 2 days ago, but something went wrong, so I repeat it:

well, it doesn't work to me.
First when I create an argument I expect to find its declaration in generated code, but I cannot(it is not). So obviously If I want to reference that parameter, I get an error because its declaration is not in my code.
Is there any idea to declare and use parameters in pls/ql web application
using oracle designer6i.
If it works to You, please send me some scraps of your code, please.

the problem with limiting the result of output data from base table I figured out using function in WHERE clause: usr_id > some_function
where some_function has got clientId from wsgl.getclientid, so It can do
whatever it wants.
But I know that I need parameter for the future use.

Thanks

Darek Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 16:19:24 CET

Original text of this message