Forms 9i middle tier on client?

From: Mark Beck <mark.beck_at_gmx.de>
Date: 5 Mar 2003 06:35:50 -0800

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] due to the approaching desupport of Forms6i, which was client/server based,
[Quoted] I'm searching for a solution with Forms9i. The design of my application is
and should be c/s in the future, therefore without a dedicated application server/middle tier.
The idea is to place the middle tier on the client(OC4J+Forms9i Servlet&Listener). As long as it meets the hardware specs(P3 >500 MHz; RAM 256Megs), this should be ok.
The problem is, that I have found an oc4j standalone client on otn(<25Megs), which installs properly, but I don't know how to fit in the Forms90-Servlet. On the other side you have to install the complete OracleiDS Developer Suite(iDS) to get the Forms Developer and the Forms Servlet Engine on the client(no manual installation possible). That's around 1.8GB that I don't want to have on every client.. No option either is to install the complete iAS..

Is there any way to get a "thin" oc4j+forms9i engine on a client? Has anyone tried that?

Kind Regards
Mark Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 15:35:50 CET

Original text of this message