Re: how to create VPD with SINGLE ORACLE USER ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:06:41 -0800

yannduv wrote:

> yes !
> there is a solution ! i'm working on it.
> why answering on this forum when you don't even understand my question ??!
> thanx for your contribution.
> yann

[Quoted] If a database has only a single schema and user ... then everyone connecting has full privileges to all objects in the schema. Maybe you think no one will ever access your database except through your front-end and that you will therefore be able to kludge together something that looks like security ... but to me the answer is still that you can't do it.

Well not without gutting Oracle security. And all for what gain?

That you don't like my answer doesn't make me wrong.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Mar 04 2003 - 23:06:41 CET

Original text of this message