Re: how to create VPD with SINGLE ORACLE USER ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 06:58:59 -0800

yannduv wrote:

> hi!
> i'd like create a VPD with oracle: here is my configuration:
>
> only 1 user (schema) wich is in reallity my application : "WWW_CUSTOMERS"
> Application WWW_CUSTOMERS is a web based application distributed in ASP mode
> (jsp + beans).
>
> This application has 2 tables "CUSTOMER" and "DEPT"
>
> My users are stored in another schema "WWW_PORTAL" > tables "USERS" and
> "GROUPS"
>
> Users have rights to acces to CUSTOMER records but only if they are in the
> DEPT "arkansas" (for example)
>
> i'd like to implement right access with VDP.
>
> My question:
> How to implement VPD with a "single oracle user"
> does anyone has experience with it ?
>
> thanks in advance.

Unless this is a class assignment, well lookee there ... its finals week ... how can you say I'd like to do something as a business solution when you don't even know if it is possible to do?

The simple answer is ... that you can not do what you are trying to do without a ton of work ... all of which would be in place of a simple CREATE USER statement followed by granting a handful of privileges.

Think it over ... unless this is school work ... it is not much of an idea.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Mar 04 2003 - 15:58:59 CET

Original text of this message