Re: Open Internet Explorer with Forms

From: Joost Bataille <jREMOVETHISbataille>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:50:27 +0100

"ariadnedbka" <member25721_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:2584515.1046378048_at_dbforums.com...
> I need to open Internet Explorer from forms. I've managed to do it using
> HOST and giving the IE path.
>
> What I need now is to retrive the IE path to be able to open it
> anywhere.
>
> I've already read about the WIN_API_ENVIRONMENT.read_registry function
> but couldn't use it properly. I always get a "NO DATA FOUND" message.

I tried to do the same and ran into problems with the second argument for win_api_environment.read_registry where you have to supply the name of the variabele to read. In my NT4 registry there is no real variable, there's only a '(Default)' visible in the registry editor.I fixed that by supplying an empty string like this:
l_browser_path := win_api_environment.read_registry ('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\htmlfile\shell\open\command','', TRUE); Does this help?
Regards,
Joost

--
Joost Bataille