Re: SQL client at home to connect to University Oracle??

From: Alison Holloway <Xalison.holloway_at_oracle.comX>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:47:50 +1100

Daniel,

> Alternatively, if the university has 9.2 you could install iSQL*Plus which is an
> internet front-end but this will require the university give you appropriate
> access through the firewall and you will need a copy of Oracle (not the entire
> database just the client) to install iSQL*Plus.

The whole point about iSQL*Plus is that the 'client' doesn't need to having anything installed, just a web browser. The university would need to give access to the iSQL*Plus instance through their firewall, which would be via HTTP or HTTPS. This is the major 'feature' of iSQL*Plus. No installation required! I think it's a really great interface for universities and training institutions.

Alison Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 03:47:50 CET

Original text of this message