Re: Why do my alerts keep displaying before the data is displayed?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:29:59 -0800

Tim Corke wrote:

> Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to display some data into a series of fields that are
> > connected to alerts. I would like the data to be displayed within the
> > fields and then display an alert stating other options but the alert
> > keep appearing before the data is displayed.
> >
> I am running this from a key-next-item trigger so when the database it
> queried, and depending on the response from the DB the relevant alert
> box is displayed. The alert box is displayed before the data is put
> into the fields.
>
> > Is there any way that this can be altered so the alert is displayed
> > afterwards? I have looked for different triggers within Forms Builder
> > 6.0 but am unsure as to what to change or implement.
> >
> > I'm running Orace 9i database.
> >
> > Many Thanks for any help given
> > Tim

I would explore other item-level triggers available to find which one fires at the appropriate point in time. The trigger you have used is definitely the wrong one though, off the top of my head, I can't tell you which on you should use in your situation. A little trial-and-error will answer the question.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 01:29:59 CET

Original text of this message