LONG RAW data size

From: Massis Isagholian <massis_at_isagholian.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:40:45 GMT

Is there a way to determine the amount of data that's stored in a LONG RAW column via the OCI8 interface?

To clarify, I have some variable size data stored in LONG RAW columns. The application that writes the data doesn't store the size of the LONG RAW data that I'm now trying to read.

[Quoted] Unfortunately, both single and piecewise fetch operations (with OCI8) require priori knowledge of data size (number of bytes) in LONG RAW columns. Pre-allocating the 2GB max memory is obviously out of the question.

I'm really stuck at this point and would appreciate your input.

Massis Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 02:40:45 CET

Original text of this message