Re: cross-posting is ok! just how you do it and how ya read NGs was Re: Any good Oracle related message boards out there?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:54:57 +0100

[Quoted] On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:09:48 -0600, Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null> wrote:

>Either get a real news reader or learn how to use it and quit
>whining. Certainly you who advocates that people read the docs can
>RTFM on your news reader.

[Quoted] Apparently you belong to the class of newsgroup readers for which it is beyond their dignity to respond to FAQ requests. [Quoted] Instead you promote messing up the newsgroup even further, ignoring [Quoted] there are mechanisms (including the Google website, AFAIK) where crossposts are by design not detected.
[Quoted] A comment about 'whining' would only be justified if you did take up your fair share of the burden, which you obviously don't plan to do. [Quoted] It might occur to you to for crosspost to be detected headers need to [Quoted] be read by the newsreader. In Europe local phone calls are not for free.
[Quoted] So you'd rather stop ranting.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 22:54:57 CET

Original text of this message